Sasha likes soup!

Are you sensitive?
NO YES

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Salmonella Outbreak

fromSasha Kaun
toinfo@peanut-institute.org
dateMon, Mar 16, 2009 at 12:46 PM
subjectSalmonella Outbreak

Hello,

I am writing this with regards to the recent salmonella outbreak. Is peanut butter safe to eat yet? For 7 years I have made my son a peanut butter sandwich as part of his lunch for school. However, since the salmonella outbreak I have been unable to include peanut butter on his sandwich. I tried to fool him by using spreads such as cream cheese, hummus, and soy sauce, but to no avail. He just wants his peanut butter back!

Since the outbreak his grades are suffering, he sometimes acts very withdrawn, and he punched a girl in the face at school knocking two of her teeth out. I was very disappointed in his behavior and had to limit his television to just 2 hours a day for a week. I believe his behavior issues would be resolved by the peanut butter sandwich.

What is salmonella anyway? Is there a vaccine? If I gave him small amount of peanut butter over time, how long would it take to build his immunity to salmonella?

I hope that you will be able to answer my questions. I look forward to hearing from you.
Sasha Kaun

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
fromMiriam Crosby
toSasha Kaun
dateMon, Mar 16, 2009 at 12:36 PM
subjectRE: Salmonella Outbreak

None of the commercial peanut butters were affected by the recent salmonella outbreak.

Give him a PB&J.

No comments:

Post a Comment