Sasha likes soup!

Are you sensitive?
NO YES

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Tin Caps Mascot - B side

Read the original Tin Caps Mascot post

---

Read the B Side:


From: Sasha Kaun
Sent: Thursday, March 12, 2009 3:20 PM
To: Abigail R. Naas
Subject: Tin Caps Mascot

Hello,

I am very excited about the new team name.  I never understood why the Wizards had a Dragon mascot.  I enjoyed it when the old Wizard mascot would put a spell on the opponent and the Wizards would win.  But then they got rid of the Wizard and got a Dragon.  I wished that the Dragon would have used his powers to propel Fort Wayne to victory.  Is this why the team decided to get a new mascot?

I am very excited about the new mascot.  I will be your mascot.  Growing up, people always said that I looked like Johnny Appleseed.  I even started to dress like him.  I have done so for 17 years now, including the tin cap!  Even when I sleep!  I very rarely take off this tin cap (less than 7 times in 17 years).  I will be the perfect mascot for your team.  I can do many tricks including a back flip, the chicken dance, and I can hop on 1 foot for over 8 hours straight.

I can't wait for April 16.  I have marked it on my calendar and have told all my friends and family that I will be on the field as the mascot.  They are very excited.  People are flying in from all over the country to see me perform as the Fort Wayne Tin Caps mascot.  Which stadium entrance should I enter on this day?  I am EXCITED!!

I look forward to hearing from you.  Thanks.
Sasha Kaun


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

from: Bill J. Lehn Lehn@tincaps.com
to: sasha kaun
date: Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 5:40 PM
subject: FW: Tin Caps Mascot


Sasha,
Did you fill out an application? Did we miss you at the job fair? Who did you interview with? I think we would have remembered you when you came in with your TinCap on. If you are working for us, what rate of pay did we quote you? Did you fill out your I-9? HR cannot find your file, can you help us with that? Have you been to orientation? Did you make it to the tryouts?
Bill Lehn
Applicant Screener
Fort Wayne TinCaps

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

from: Sasha Kaun
to: "Bill J. Lehn"
date: Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 7:10 PM
subject: Re: FW: Tin Caps Mascot


Bill,

You ask many questions!  I feel like you would be a great host of Who Wants to Be a Millionaire if Regis ever couldn't.  Is that show still on TV?  The person at the job fair said I was perfect for the job.  I would work as the mascot of the Fort Wayne Tin Caps for free because I love the Tin Caps and I would be the best person for the job.  As I said, I look exactly like Johnny Appleseed.  What time should I arrive and where is the employee entrance?

Thank you,
Sasha

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

from: Bill J. Lehn Lehn@tincaps.com
to: Sasha Kaun 
cc: "Abigail R. Naas"
date: Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 8:04 PM

Sasha,

The position has been filled. We have an Appleseed descendant that will be filling the position.  We did a nationwide search  and checked with the genealogy library here in town to confirm his heritage. We felt this was the best option to go with. He has some amazing talents that will really thrill the crowd.

Bill Lehn
Applicant Screener
Fort Wayne TinCaps

No comments:

Post a Comment