Sasha likes soup!

Are you sensitive?
NO YES

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Joining The Lincoln Group

fromSasha Kaun
toedgar_f_russell_iii@hotmail.com
dateFri, Apr 10, 2009 at 8:55 PM
subjectJoining The Lincoln Group

Hello President Russell,

I am writing to inquire about membership into The Lincoln Group of the District of Columbia. I was 7 when President Lincoln was assassinated. I will always remember that afternoon when my 2nd grade teacher, Mrs. Butterworth, broke the disturbing news of that fateful day in Dallas to our classroom. We all cried. That was also the first time my father let us eat our dinner with the television on.

I think that President Lincoln is my favorite President of all time. I have read many books about him and even took two classes in college on him. Whenever my friends have questions on President Lincoln, they always come to me. My President Lincoln knowledge is outstanding. This is why I am extremely interested in becoming a member of The Lincoln Group of the District of Columbia. What do I need to do to become a member? I want in as soon as possible. I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,
Sasha

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

fromEdgar Russell
tosasha.kaun24@gmail.com
ccEdgar Russell
dateSat, Apr 18, 2009 at 3:08 PM
subjectRE: Joining The Lincoln Group

Dear Sasha,

Thank you for your e-mail. I appreciate your interest in President Lincoln and am glad that you are able to share your knowledge about him with your friends. As you may know, President Lincoln was President during the American Civil War from 1861 to 1865 and was assassinated in Washington, D.C. in 1865. Another great American, President Kennedy was assassinated nearly 100 years later in 1963 in Dallas, Texas.

Your e-mail mentioned that you were seven when President Lincoln was assassinated. Perhaps you meant to say President Kennedy. If you would like to learn more about President Kennedy, you could go to www.jfklibrary.org which would connect you with the President Kennedy Library. If you would still like to be part of the Lincoln Group of the District of Columbia please let me know and I will give you the details and cost for joining.

Very sincerely,

Edgar Russell III
President, Lincoln Group of DC

No comments:

Post a Comment