Sasha likes soup!

Are you sensitive?
NO YES

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

New Gardena Business

fromSasha Kaun
toecondev.web@ci.gardena.ca.us
dateMon, Apr 27, 2009 at 4:23 PM
subjectNew Gardena Business

Hello Mr. Fertal,

I am writing about a business I would like to start in Gardena, California. The name of my business will be "Microwave Your Food Here". I would like to open many small kiosks around town. Right now, I am thinking about 200 of these. Basically, when people want to prepare their food, they will come into one of my kiosks and use the microwave for a small fee. This is the only service we offer. Many other cities have this business, but to my knowledge this does not exist in Gardena. Although I plan to start off small, I would eventually like to expand to over a thousand of these kiosks. I feel there is a big need for this. People need somewhere to prepare there food. Often, people wander the streets with their cold, unprepared food. Then they will see my kiosk signs (will be over 20 feet tall with a lot of bright lights and a loud siren) and see that they can microwave their food at "Microwave Your Food Here".

Please let me know what I need to do start my business. I do not want my rival, "MICROWAVE HERE NOW!", to beat me to this new market.

Thanks,
Sasha

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

fromYvonne Mallory
toSasha Kaun
dateMon, Apr 27, 2009 at 7:03 PM
subjectRE: New Gardena Business [Scanned]

Dear Sasha Kaun,

Thank you for your inquiry on starting a business in Gardena. I would recommend that you go to the City of Gardena website and click on the Business menu and then click on the icon “Starting a Business in Gardena.” I would also recommend you contact the Small Business Development Center at (310) 973-3177. They provide assistance to small businesses including start-ups.

Please keep in mind that you will need to locate your business in an area or areas that is zoned for this type of business. You will also have to have sufficient capital. Without sufficient capital, you will not be successful in reaching your goals. The City of Gardena does not offer any microloans or other financing programs for start-up businesses.

I hope these resources will assist you in your goals and I wish you every success.

Yvonne Mallory

Economic Development Manager

City of Gardena, Office of the City Manager

1700 W. 162nd Street

Gardena, CA 90247

(310) 217-9533

(310) 217-9694 (fax)

ymallory@ci.gardena.ca.us

No comments:

Post a Comment