Sasha likes soup!

Are you sensitive?
NO YES

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Korean Trip

fromSasha Kaun
tola@kntoamerica.com
dateTue, Mar 10, 2009 at 6:57 PM
subjectKorean trip

Hello,

I am looking to plan a trip to Korea this summer. I am excited to go as my grandfather fought in the Korean war. However, I have heard that there is a good Korea and a bad Korea. Which Korea is good and which is bad? Will it be safe for me to visit the bad Korea? I do not discriminate against Koreas. I do discriminate against Dakodas though. I prefer the North.

Is it customary for me to bring a gift to gain entry into either Korea? What would be an appropriate gift? Also, what do Koreans think of America? Should I tell them I am from America or should I say I am from somewhere like Alaska? Please advise. I do not want to offend anyone. That is why I think a gift is very important. Perhaps a calculator?

I appreciate your assistance in preparing me for my trip and look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,
Sasha Kaun

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
fromla
toSasha Kaun
dateWed, Mar 11, 2009 at 11:53 AM
subjectRe: Korean trip

Hello.
South Korea is a democracy where the citizens travel freely. Also they encourage more foreign tourists to visit the nation. It is competely safe for you to travel in S.Korea. Don't be afraid to tell them you are from Ameirca. Nice people are always welcome regardless of their nationalities. If you have any friends living in Korea, you may bring something small that can represent America for them.(Keychains, dolls, postcards, etc)

However, North Korea is a communist dictatorship where the freedom of travel is prohibited to both the citizens and non-citizens.

If you do need any more questions to plan your trip to Korea, please do ask us again, anytime. Also, you may visit the Korea tourist website at english.visitkorea.or.kr There is lots of useful information on Korea in the website.

Regards,
Sienna

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

fromSasha Kaun
tola
dateWed, Mar 11, 2009 at 12:06 PM
subjectRe: Korean trip

Sienna,

North Korea does not sound pleasant. I no longer wish to visit there. How is freedom of travel prohibited to citizens? That does not seem fair. Does this mean they can never leave their house? What if a great band like U2 wanted to play a concert in North Korea. Would the government prevent its citizens from hearing the great music of U2?

South Korea sounds great. I wish very mush to visit. I will bring a calculator as a small gift! I have tried to use an abacus and believe me when I say it is not easy. However, is there any chance of North Korea attacking South Korea when I am there? I do not want this to happen. I have heard stories of Northerners being caught in the South on vacation in Florida during the Civil War. That would be bad.

Do you organize trips for customers or who should I contact to make the appropriate arrangements.

Thank you very much!
Sasha

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
fromla
toSasha Kaun
dateFri, Mar 20, 2009 at 4:43 PM
subjectRe: Korean trip

This is Sienna again.
Would you like to receive some brochures and literature about Korea to learn more about the nation in mail? If so, please let me know your mailing address to receive the package.
Looking forward to hearing from you soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment