Sasha likes soup!

Are you sensitive?
NO YES

Monday, March 23, 2009

Great Feats by Women

fromSasha Kaun
tomail@feminist.com
dateThu, Mar 19, 2009 at 6:27 PM
subjectGreat Feats by Women

Hello,

My name is Sasha. I have to write an essay on the great feats achieved by women. I am having trouble thinking of any. Do you think you can help me think of some?

Has a women ever been President? If not, why haven't there been any? I looked at the list of Presidents and the only one I though might be was Millard Fillmore. Was this person a female? What kind of name is Millard anyway? Also, as part of my essay I have to discuss what accomplishments women will achieve in the future. Do you think there will ever be a female President? I heard on 24 there is a woman President. Does this count?

What other kinds of great feats have women achieved? I know there has to be at least one great feat achieved by a woman, but I am having a huge brain freeze. I just can't even think of one! I hate it when this happens.

I know you will be able to help me and I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,
Sasha

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

fromMsamelia@aol.com
tosasha.kaun24@gmail.com
ccaskamyq@yahoo.com
dateWed, Mar 25, 2009 at 1:13 PM
subjectFwd: FW: Great Feats by Women

Dear Sasha -- thanks so much for reaching out to feminist.com. And sadly no a woman hasn't yet been president of the United States -- Fillmore was a man and no idea on the origin of the name. Hillary Clinton in fact was the first woman to make a successful run for president -- and that was only last year. And I don't think the fiction version counts -- lots of things can happen in fiction -- like coming back to life or finding a cure for AIDS -- but that doesn't change the reality of things. In terms of actual feats -- try the National Women's History Project -- they will certainly list milestones on their site -- also there are women like Mae Jemision, Ruth Simmons, Sandra Day O'Connor -- googling them will lead you to firsts and feats. Good luck -- amy

No comments:

Post a Comment