Sasha likes soup!

Are you sensitive?
NO YES

Monday, March 30, 2009

Oregon Trail

Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 13:36:15 -0500
Subject: Oregon Trail
From: Sasha Kaun <sasha.kaun24@gmail.com>
To: eova@eoni.com

Hello Alice,

My name is Sasha Kaun and I am very interested in visiting Oregon.
Specifically, the Oregon Trail. I first became very interested in
the Oregon Trail when I played the video game as a child. I believe
this is what prompted my interest in both Geography and History. I
even earned a full academic scholarship to Purdue University. Now, I
am a senior double majoring in both Geography and History (very near
the top of my class I might add). I would very much like to visit
Oregon this summer.

It is my goal to backpack the entire Oregon Trail. Do you allow
backpackers to hike anywhere along the trail or just in designated
areas? I have much knowledge of the Oregon Trail and would like you
stop at many of the historical areas along the way. I am VERY
excited!

Would Portland International Airport be the best airport for me to
fly into to begin my journey or is another airport closer to the
beginning of the Oregon Trail? Do I need a permit to travel along
the trail?

I know you will be able to answer my questions and help me prepare
for my trip. If you could pass along any brochures or maps that
might be helpful to me, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Sasha Kaun

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sarah, Could you please respond to this inquiry? thanks. Alice

Eastern Oregon Visitors Assn.
15477 Sky Ranch Lane
Haines, Oregon 97833
www.visiteasternoregon.com
541-856-3356
Fax 541-856-3272

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
fromSarah_LeCompte@blm.gov
tosasha.kaun24@gmail.com
dateTue, Mar 24, 2009 at 4:57 PM
subjectFw: Oregon Trail

Dear Sasha: Your plan to visit Oregon and hike the Oregon Trail sounds
fun. Unfortunately, it would be difficult to backpack the entire trail,
as much of the trail route runs through private property, or is covered by
roads and freeway. There are portions of the Trail on Bureau of Land
Management and Forest Service public land that you can hike, and some
private landowners are fine with people hiking the route if you ask them
first and respect their proerty. If you send us a mailing address, we can
send you some maps on sites and segments that can be hiked.

Sarah LeCompte
Center Director
National Historic Oregon Trail Interpretive Center
PO Box 987, Baker City, OR 97814
541-523-1825
www.blm.gov/or/oregontrail/

No comments:

Post a Comment