Sasha likes soup!

Are you sensitive?
NO YES

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Daylight Savings Time

Dear Governor Daniels,

I like you. You seem like a nice guy. However, I still question why you changed our time. Indiana never did daylight savings before you became governor. I don't care if 48 other states used daylight savings. Peer pressure is usually bad. Trust me, I know from experience! I missed church this past Sunday because you changed time on me! I don't know why a state would change from God's time to daylight savings time. God doesn't need to save daylight. Why do we? Do you think we are better than God?

Again, I am sorry if it sound like I do not like you. I do! I have a shrine of you in my sun room. Sorry if that is creepy. I look forward to hearing back from you. You are truly, MY MAN MITCH!

Sincerely,
Sasha Kaun

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
fromresponse@gov.in.gov
tosasha.kaun24@gmail.com
dateTue, Mar 17, 2009 at 1:31 PM
subjectResponding to your message

Dear Doctor Kaun,

Thank you for contacting me with your thoughts regarding a shift in time zones and Daylight Saving Time. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to express your opinion and taking an active part in the public conversation about how to make Indiana a better place.

Joining the rest of America on DST kept a campaign commitment, and was one small step toward our Administration's goal of putting more Hoosiers to work in better paying jobs. It ended the confusion that used to cost Hoosiers sales, dollars, and jobs because customers constantly mistook what time it was in Indiana in a given month. A recent survey of Indiana companies found overwhelming agreement that going to DST improved conditions for their business.

Though a perfect outcome that pleases everyone was not possible, we have substantial improvement: Indiana is in step with our customers in the global economy, and we have a higher percentage of all Hoosiers on the same time year round than we've ever had. This effort took more time and energy than anyone ever intended, and I share the feelings of those whose patience was tried along the way.

This is a topic on which honest people can differ widely. I regret our disagreement, but respect your viewpoint and am grateful you took the time to write.

Thank you for your active citizenship.

Sincerely,

Mitch Daniels

No comments:

Post a Comment