Sasha likes soup!

Are you sensitive?
NO YES

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Indiana/Virginia game

fromSasha Kaun
toap2zd@virginia.edu
dateTue, Oct 6, 2009 at 12:46 PM
subjectIndiana/Virginia game

Hello Mr. Platt,

I will be attending the game next Saturday between the national powerhouse known as the Indiana Hoosiers and your Virginia Cavaliers. This will be my first time attending a game at Scott Stadium. I am very much looking forward to my visit. I visited Charlottesville once before many years ago, by mistake. I ended up late to the Hornets game I was attending, my bad!

Please let me know if I will be allowed to bring the following items into the game on Saturday. Different stadiums have different rules and I find it is always best to check beforehand.
a) 1 Indiana University flag - 20'x38', red with the white Indiana logo in the middle
b) 1 portable flagpole - 90' when erect
c) 1 Bobby Knight mannequin - 6 foot mannequin that looks exactly like Bobby Knight and is also wearing his traditional sweater. With all due respect to President Thomas Jefferson, but he never won 3 NCAA basketball titles. He was also never a general. Will he need a ticket?
d) 2 Rushvilles
e) 1 pair of thundersticks
f) 1 IU kite (for halftime purposes only)
g) 1 large "D" sign and 1 section of actual fence (6'x10')
h) 40 pounds of red and white confetti
i) 1 ham and cheese sandwich
j) 1 John Cougar Mellencamp mannequin - 6 foot mannequin that looks exactly like the greatest artist of our generation. Again, will a ticket be required for Cougar?
k) 1 sink the biz and the necessary materials sustainable for a 3 hour game.

Please let me know as soon as possible so I can make the appropriate adjustments.

Thank you,
Sasha

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

fromAndy Platt
toSasha Kaun
dateTue, Oct 6, 2009 at 12:56 PM
subjectRe: Indiana/Virginia game

Sasha,

Please refer to facility policies to answer your questions.

I've attached the link to our website.


Prohibited items are listed. Anything that would impede a patrons view is not permissible and an usher will ask you to remove the object.

Thanks

---------------------------------------------------------------------

fromSasha Kaun
toAndy Platt
dateTue, Oct 6, 2009 at 1:30 PM
subjectRe: Indiana/Virginia game

Mr. Platt,

Can you confirm that items i and k are the only items I will not be allowed to bring? Also, because Scott Stadium is a smoke free facility, I guarantee that the John Cougar Mellencamp mannequin will not smoke. He is a mannequin.

I did have a few questions. Regarding "Banners, signs, and flags on poles or sticks are prohibited." Will I be allowed to bring in both my flag and my pole as long as the flag is not on the pole?

"Items that can be thrown such as balls or Frisbees". So balls and Frisbees are definitely not allowed. I understand this. But it also says "items that can be thrown". Can't pretty much most all items be thrown? I could throw item d with a little help from my friends, but that probably wouldn't go over well. Does this policy also pertain to item h?

I look forward to hearing from you,
Sasha

No comments:

Post a Comment