Sasha likes soup!

Are you sensitive?
NO YES

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

South Side Parade Idea

fromSasha Kaun
torick@southsidepgh.com
dateThu, Jun 4, 2009 at 12:49 PM
subjectSouth Side Parade Idea

Hello Mr. Belloli,

I have a great idea to increase tourism to South Side Pittsburgh. I believe if South Side revived Chicago's South Side Irish parade during the St. Patrick's Day weekend, many Chicagoans would visit. Native South Side residents would also enjoy this pleasureful treat.

I think it will build on the history of the South Side Irish Parade and add a little more flair. I want my 10 foot leprechaun to be the Co-Grand Marshall in the parade along with Charlie Weis. Although he is not of Irish descent, he does coach the Fighting Irish and that is good enough for me. I propose that every time the float carrying the leprechaun and Charlie Weis passes a food establishment, it will stop and a representative from the establishment will roller skate out to the float and present Mr. Weis with the food from that restaurant. He will then eat it and wave to the crowd. I think the crowd will go wild! Dogs will bark! This will help promote South Side business.

I am writing you because I would like to ask for you help in organizing this parade. I heard you have great experience in parades and could be a great asset to our team.

Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you.
Sasha

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

fromRick Belloli
tosasha.kaun24@gmail.com
ccJennifer Strang
dateFri, Jun 5, 2009 at 3:05 PM

Sasha:

Thanks for idea on how to promote the South Side. While we do have some of our own targeted promotions, they are currently targeted to February and May, so adding an event of this scale in March would be quite challenging for our small staff.

You may want to check with others such as the South Side Chamber of Commerce to assess their interest.

Again, thanks for your interest and ideas.

Rick

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

fromSasha Kaun
toRick Belloli
dateFri, Jun 5, 2009 at 10:13 PM
subjectRe: FW: South Side Parade Idea

Rick,

My 10 foot leprechaun and I would be more than willing to help with any preparation for this parade event. I think Charlie Weis will prepare on his own (at the LaFortune Burger King if you know what I mean!). There is nothing better than a South Side Irish parade (believe me). I would think you could even hop into the parade for a little bit (if the police don't see you). I did last year!

Please let me know who I should speak to as far as setting up a sub-committee for this event. This parade will be better than ezra!

I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Sasha

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

fromRick Belloli
toSasha Kaun
ccJennifer Strang
dateTue, Jun 9, 2009 at 9:55 AM

Sasha:

You would want to contact the South Side Chamber of Commerce at 412.431.3360 to assess their interest in this idea.

Good luck.

rb


No comments:

Post a Comment