Sasha likes soup!

Are you sensitive?
NO YES

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Juneau

fromSasha Kaun
toabe.levy@alaska.gov
dateTue, Jun 9, 2009 at 4:25 PM
subjectJuneau

Hello Abe,

Juneau the capital of Alaska?

I look forward to hearing from you,
Sasha

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

fromLevy, Abe (DOT)
toSasha Kaun
dateTue, Jun 9, 2009 at 5:42 PM
subjectRE: Juneau

Hello Sasha-

Juneau is the capital of Alaska. Are you the Sasha Kaun that played on the Jayhawks championship team? If so congratulations.

Let me know if you have any other questions. By the way how did you get my e-mail?

-Abe

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

fromSasha Kaun
to"Levy, Abe (DOT)"
dateWed, Jun 10, 2009 at 10:17 AM
subjectRe: Juneau

Hey Abe,

I am not familiar with this Jayhawks Sasha Kaun. If you are friends with him, tell him "nice name" or "how about that Ken Jennings?!".

I do have one more question. What would have happened if the US had not bought Alaska? Would you be Russian? Should I address you as Abram?

Please let me know.
BYE!
Sasha

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

fromLevy, Abe (DOT)
toSasha Kaun
dateWed, Jun 10, 2009 at 12:08 PM
subjectRE: Juneau

Sasha-

I probably wouldn’t exist if Alaska had not been purchased by the US. My father came up to Alaska on a law school internship. If Alaska was still owned by Russia, It seems highly unlikely that he would have moved here and met my mom. I believe the purchase occurred in 1867. No need to call me Abram. My full name is Abraham but I’ve always gone by Abe. As far as what would have happened if the US had not bought Alaska, hard to know. Russia might be a much wealthier country if they had held onto Alaska until all the gold and oil was discovered. Hard to know though. By the Jayhawks are a college team the other Sasha played basketball for them and was on their 2008 NCAA championship team. He was also number 24 I believe, making it even more interesting because of your e-mail address.

-Abe


No comments:

Post a Comment