Sasha likes soup!

Are you sensitive?
NO YES

Friday, April 30, 2010

Cincinnati Rail Transit


fromSasha Kaun <>
tomartha.kelly@cincinnati-oh.gov
dateMon, Apr 12, 2010 at 4:42 PM
subjectCincinnati Rail Transit System

Hello Ms. Kelly,

I am writing on behalf of the concerned citizens of Cincinnati. My concern is the lack of mass transportation in the city. Now I know the city has a pretty good bus system which I use, but I am concerned we are falling behind other cities which utilize train transportation. I would love to take a train to work and other activities such as sporting events as it is much quicker than the bus and also better for the environment than driving. Therefore, I suggest a great, radical idea to make Cincinnati the greatest city in the world.

I propose that Kings Island expands to the city. Build roller coasters all throughout the city. Nothing would be like taking a roller coaster to work or to watch the Bengals play (and probably lose). Not only would it be quick, but it would also be thrilling. I know Kings Island season passes are around $75. I would definitely pay that! I would pay much more. Most cities charge around $2 per trip for the train system. Round trip from work each week is $20 which ends up costing commuters nearly $1000 per year on average. I think Kings Island could charge even $500 and it would be worth it. Probably more!

Please let Kings Island build a series of roller coasters all around the city of Cincinnati. This is even better than a rail transit system. It is quicker and more fun. Let's take the "Nasty Nati" out of Cincinnati and add in a "Really Sweet City with Roller Coasters and a Bad Football Team". We could for sure tell New York to "suck it" if we added these roller coasters.

Please let me know what you think.
Sasha

-----------------------------------------------------------------
fromKelly, Martha
toSasha Kaun <>
dateTue, Apr 13, 2010 at 12:58 PM
subjectRE: Cincinnati Rail Transit System

Sasha,


I appreciate your enthusiasm! I don’t particularly like the idea – since I turned 40, roller coasters and I don’t get along!


I completely agree that we are behind in our public transportation offerings, which is why my staff and I have been working on preserving rights of way and roadway space, in line with the Regional Rail Plan, for many years. We have space preserved for some kind of fixed guideway transit (like light rail or bus rapid transit) as part of the I-75 Mill Creek Expressway Project. We are looking to preserve space along I-71. We are also on the team looking at a rail connection from the Transit Center under Second Street to Milford as part of the Eastern Corridor Project. We even finalized a study of the subway tubes to show that they still can be used for modern light rail. It is our hope and plan that all our efforts will be realized some day!


I believe more and more people are coming to recognize the needs for better transportation systems, and we will be ready! But not for roller coasters!


Martha Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment