Sasha likes soup!

Are you sensitive?
NO YES

Monday, November 23, 2009

Vandalism

fromSasha Kaun
tojkannady@indiana.edu
dateMon, Nov 23, 2009 at 10:16 AM
subjectVandalism

Hello Mr. Kannady,

I am writing about a very close friend of mine at Indiana University that has unfortunately been defaced. I am referring to a particular restroom in (it's a secret!) on the (secret!) floor in the (yeah, we don't want you to find out) across from the (confidential!). This is the only public restroom I will use following a harrowing experience in the summer of 2006. This particular restroom has whitewashed walls and a large window so on a nice sunny day the sun just beats in and brightens not only the restroom, but my mood! This restroom is commonly referred to by my friends and me as "heaven". It is everything a restroom should be.


The problem: Someone has written in pen in the stall of this restroom. One of these comments also contains a word that Larry David once spoke in retelling a story that he heard in a restroom (coincidence?!) on Curb Your Enthusiasm. It was referred to him as "the most vile word in the English language". If possible, could these comments be painted over? It saddens me that someone would do that in such a sacred place and I hope you will be able to fix it so I can enjoy this glorious restroom to its full potential!


Sasha Kaun

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

fromKannady Jr, Jack Howard
toSasha Kaun
dateMon, Nov 23, 2009 at 10:57 AM
subjectRE: Vandalism

Hello Sasha,

I received a copy of your email from Gary Chrzastowski last Wednesday regarding the vandalism. We applied a temporary coating that same day to cover the words. The stall was painted last Friday and we confirmed today there is no graffiti in the (can't post it) restroom.

Regards,

Jack

Jack Kannady

Maintenance Manager, Facility Services

(Secret!)

Indiana University Bloomington

Phone: 812-855-7022

Fax: 812-855-7023

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

fromSasha Kaun
to"Kannady Jr, Jack Howard"
dateMon, Nov 23, 2009 at 3:16 PM
subjectRe: Vandalism

Thank you Jack! After hearing your update, I am pleased to announce I used "heaven" today and it was fantastic. Great success! Keep up the good work!

Sasha Kaun


No comments:

Post a Comment