Sasha likes soup!

Are you sensitive?

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Kentucky Marriage


I am writing this as it pertains to my potential marriage to my brother, Henry (pronounced Enre). It is my understanding that Kentucky is the only state that allows this sibling marriage. Thank goodness for Kentucky. We are from New Jersey and would like to pursue this marriage, but will it be honored once we return to New Jersey or only in Kentucky? What sorts of laws does Kentucky have regarding US citizens from other states being married in Kentucky?

If you could provide information on this topic, we would greatly appreciate it. Hopefully as the gay-marriage sweeps across the US, so will brother and sister marriage rights. Have you heard any information on when this might occur?

Please get back to me as soon as possible. I look forward to hearing from you.



fromHardin, Patricia (CHS-PH)
ccCHFS Listens ,
"Poynter, Melanie (CHFS Vital Statistics)"
dateTue, Oct 27, 2009 at 2:19 PM
subjectRE: Kentucky marriage

I am referring you to the Attorney Generals office for legal advice
concerning this information. The contact number is 502-696-5300. I have
no name of a person you would need to speak to, but their office will
direct you to someone who can assist you. Thanks.


fromAttorney General (KYOAG)
toSasha Kaun
dateThu, Oct 29, 2009 at 1:55 PM
subjectKaun, Sasha: RE: Kentucky marriage

Please reference the statutes below that address your inquiry:

Office of the Attorney General

700 Capitol Avenue, Suite 118

Frankfort, KY 40601

No comments:

Post a Comment