Sasha likes soup!

Are you sensitive?
NO YES

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Texting Law

From: Sasha Kaun
Sent: Saturday, January 14, 2012 11:05 AM
To: Dave Cheatham
Subject: Texting Law

Hello State Representative Cheatham,

I am writing to tell you that I support the Indiana legislation banning the use of cell phones while operating a motor vehicle.  I would also propose similar legislation banning the use of cell phones while intoxicated.  Or perhaps it is currently a law I am unaware of since you can't drink and drive, you can't drive and text, so by the transitive property you can't drink and text.  Please let me know the details.

I do have a few questions regarding this new texting law.  I agree that it is far too distracting for people to be trying to text on their phone while driving.  It is just far too difficult for people to do so while still concentrating on the road.  However, does this law ban sexting while driving?  It has been my experience that I can easily sext.  It is far less difficult to snap a quick picture than it is to type a series of letters.  I can't count the number of times in a week where I send a picture of my "junk" to friends, neighbors, Conor, etc.  I just want to make sure that I am able to sext while driving without violating this new law.

Please let me know if I am able to continue to sext while driving.

I look forward to hearing from you,
Sasha Kaun

ps.  I voted for you!


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



from: Dave Cheatham DCHEATHA@iga.in.gov
to: Sasha Kaun
date: Sat, Jan 14, 2012 at 11:30 PM
subject: RE: Texting Law



Sasha,

The new law prohibits sending messages while driving, whether texting or sexting.  You should be careful about sending inappropriate pictures of yourself over the net.  It may violate obscenity laws, which would get federal agents involved.  More importantly, these pictures can be circulated around the net and can never be removed.  Someday you may apply for a job and not be able to be hired because of your pictures showing up in your file.

Be careful.
Dave Cheatham

P.S.
I did a search on your name and no such person is listed as a voter in this District.

No comments:

Post a Comment